The certification course of SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager or POPM is for two days. Through this course of certification, the attendees are to develop the skill-sets and knowledge required to counsel the conveyance of value in an enterprise that is Lean-Agile and turn into a Product Manager or Product Owner of a Scaled Agile Framework. Upon completion of the SAFe® POPM certification course, the candidates will acquire a comprehensive understanding of the methods of effectively present their role in the ART or Agile Release Train, for it conveys values via Program Increments.
What are the learning goals of the certification course of SAFe® Product Owner or Product Manager?
The SAFe® POPM certification course helps their trainees to gain more confidence and knowledge in five main areas of the delivery of the Scaled Agile Framework of Lean-Agile. These are as follows:
- Execution of the Program Increment and delivery of consistent value
- Representation of the needs of the customer in Program Increment Planning
- Collaboration with Agile teams in order to forecast and estimate the work
- Managing the backlogs of Team and managing Program
- Refining features into stories
- Decomposing features and epics into s tories and features respectively
- Connecting the values of roles of SAFe® Lean-Agile to the role of Product Manager or Product Owner
- Articulating the role of the Product Manager and Product Owner
Some of the main areas of competency are listed below:
- Prioritizing work in order to dispatch value to the enterprise
- Writing stories, features, capabilities and epics
- Identifying the needs of the customer
- Applying the practices and principles of SAFe® and the mindset of the Lean-Agile
What are the topics to be covered in the POPM certification course?
In the course of SAFe® POPM certification, the trainees develop to comprehend the methods of effective performance in their role in the ART or Agile Release Train, since it conveys value via Program Increments. Some of the topics are covered in the course. For instance,
- How to become a certified SAFe® Product Manager or Product Owner
- How to execute the PI
- How to execute iterations
- How to lead the PI Planning
- How to prepare for the PI Planning
- How to become a Product Manager or Product Owner in the enterprise of SAFe®
Once the participant has successfully completed the certification course of Product Manager/ Product Owner, they get the access to sit for the SAFe® POPM assessment for certification. For the participants who sit for the assessment of POPM certification within thirty days of getting their access, they need to pay any extra fees for the evaluation. After attending the SAFe® POPM course, and clearing the test of certification, trainees receive a SAFe® Certified Product Manager/ Product Owner certification, along with a course certificate of completion or attendance of SAFe® Product Manager or Product Owner. This course is appropriate for VP, directors, CTOs, executives, leaders and many more.